Outburst: LGBTQ+ History Month Student Works Showcase
Kick-off LGBTQ+ History Month at OUTBURST!
This year's event will be a first ever student works showcase centering LGBTQ+ students and LGBTQ+ works.
Come and enjoy light refreshments and the line-up of both creative and academic works from UMSL students.
Are you interested in presenting at Outburst? Please see the guidelines and information below and then fill out the Google Form to reserve a time slot at the event.
1. In order to be featured in this event you must meet one of the following criteria:
- Be an active student who identifies as a member of the LGBTQ+ community - students who identify as part of this community can submit any original academic or creative work
- Be an active student who identifies as an ally to the LGBTQ+ community and has an original academic or creative work that centers LGBTQ+ identity
2. We are accepting any and all of the following creative or academic works:
- Writing: Poetry, Novel, Short Story, Script, Research Paper, Thesis
- Physical Displays: Painting, Photography, Sculpture
- Digital Displays: Digital/Graphic Designs and Art, Film/Movie, Song/Music
- Performance: Spoken Word, Stand-Up, Monologue, Play Scene, Skit, Song/Music, Dance
- Note: If you do not feel your work falls into any of these categories, please email Ariana Smith at LGBTQandDiversityOSI@umsl.edu
3. You may enter your work as a non-presentation work, meaning that you do not require a timeslot but would like your work featured either digitally or physically at the event. Non-Presentation works will be displayed on a rotation with other works and will require a written short excerpt to accompany it.
4. We are excited to announce that all works submitted to the event will be archived by the State Historical Society of Missouri for consumption and research by archivists, researchers and students. We are requiring that all submission be added in one of the following formats:
- DOCX: MS Word Open XML Document
- TXT: Plain Text File
- RTF: Rich Text Format File
- XLSX: MS Excel open XML Document
- CSV: Comma Separated Values File
- PPTX: PowerPoint Open Office XML Document
- PDF/A: Portable Document Format
- TIFF: Tagged Image Format File
- JPEG: Joint Photographic Experts Group
- SVG: Scalable Vector Graphics File
- WAV: Waveform Audio File Format
- AIFF: Audio Interchange File Format
- MP3: Moving Picture Experts Group Layer 3 Compression
- OGG: Ogg Vorbis Audio File
- FLAC: Free Lossless Audio Codec File
- Mp4: Moving Picture Experts Group (with H.264 encoding)
- MPEG-1/2: Moving Picture Experts Group
- MOV: QuickTime Movie (uncompressed)
- DV: Digital Video File (non-proprietary)
- AVI: Audio Video Interleave File (uncompressed)
Please submit your work using this Google Form.
Direct questions about the event to Ariana Smith at LGBTQandDiversityOSI@umsl.edu
Monday, October 4 at 1:00pm
Millennium Student Center 3rd Floor Century Rooms